10.05.2014

West Coast Tour! (+Minneapolis)

I got to travel for half of September all over the country! It was all work related and I squeezed a little personal in there too. :) Here are some pics.

-Minneapolis-


I have been waiting three years to get into this restaurant in Minneapolis and we finally made it this year! The Bachelor Farmer...really good modern Scandinavian food. Fresh and delicious!

-Look at those gingham awnings!-




Next stop, San Francisco! I embarked on a West Coast Tour visiting our showrooms in San Fran, LA and Seattle to help with our Accessories Department Install. It was really great for a lot of reasons but primarily because it gave me experience in doing this before our showroom gets the department in 2015.

-A run down by the water in SF-

Next up...LA! We got to stay at a fabulous mid-century hotel called the Avalon. So amazing!

-I mean, look at that wall!-




Next stop....Seattle! Oh I have been so excited about this part of the trip for obvious reasons!! I flew directly from LA to Seattle Thursday night so that I would have the whole weekend to play before starting work on Monday. It was spectacular...the entire weekend. So thankful!

-First morning, I went for a run in the pouring rain with moody clouds and fog everywhere...so dreamy!-




-Oh I have missed the stairs of Seattle! I love running stairs!-

-Eye candy-


-The infamous 'gum wall' has turned into 'gum alley' -ha....sorta gross too.-

-The Ferris Wheel was added after I left so it was really fun to see what all the hype was about. :)-









-Sarah came across the water to spend the afternoon with me!-




-I had a couple hours to kill, so I wandered around my old neighborhood, Ballard. It was fantastic. Miss that place!-


-Robyn!-


-She made me this incredible bohemian wall weaving! What a talented lady!-

On Friday night, my cousin Alexis and her husband Reed and daughter Marian drove up to Seattle to have dinner with me! It was so amazing to meet the little one and spend some great time together catching up. We ate at a delicious Italian Restaurant called Tavolata. Yum!

Saturday, Laura and I drove down to Portland to visit Janelle. It was an easy road trip and precious time to reconnect with her.

-Moody fog-

-Laura, Janelle and I-

-The Rose Garden-





-We also went on a short hike...look how luscious everything is!-



-Spent the afternoon in downtown Portland including coffee, cupcakes and getting lost in Powells. :)-







Sunday afternoon, I was able to connect with my dear friend Maren! I met her littlest, Myla, for the first time and had a wonderful afternoon catching up.

-Next up, a walk around Greenlake with Megan and Laura!-
 




-Me, Megan and Laura in my old church (where Megan works)-

A wonderful surprise was being able to connect with my old design professors, Keith and Beth! These two are such an inspiration!
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like your trip was so great- Loved all the photos. Mom

    ReplyDelete