8.10.2014

Dale Chihuly at the Denver Botanic Gardens

Today, the fam and I went to the Denver Botanic Gardens to see Dale Chihuly! He is my favorite glass artist and know him initially from my time in the PNW. He lives and works in Seattle and way back in the day, I even got to go to a dinner party at his boathouse/studio. It was unbelievable. Anyway, this display was no exception to the amazement that I feel every time I see his work with shape and color. Curated perfectly to the gardens blooms, it was a feast for the eyes.

{I thought this was so interesting...a little more severe than his typically soft organic shapes. Fabulous colors.}

{well, i just love this girl. :)}
















{The Lotus flowers were spectacular throughout the gardens.}

{I love how the shape and color palette of this sculpture mimic the variegated leaves of the Lotus. perfection.}

{you guys must know: Denver is such a great city!}



{another uncharacteristic display...cumbersome and unrefined}

{French Provence}

{Sister loves RED!!}



{Thankful for a day with these guys!}



{perfection.}


Thanks to Pa for using his nifty membership to get us in! What a great day to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment