7.08.2013

Flagstaff Mountain-Boulder, CO

I didn't have anything planned today, so of course that means it's a great day to go hiking in the mountains!! I was so looking forward to spending the day on my own, exploring and stepping away from my busy life in 'the city'... :) It was glorious.

I decided to tackle Flagstaff Mountain, outside Boulder. It is absolutely beautiful!  Chautauquah is the most popular place to hike around Boulder, but I've done that a couple times and I wanted to see something new so I just kind of winged it and found some pretty gorgeous trails. 

Being in the mountains, especially in the summer, is my favorite. It is one of the things that consistently draws me closer to God and reminds me of perspective. It feels so good to hike hard, muscles in my body working to keep balance on uneven terrain, my skin baking in the strong CO sun and dripping sweat as I scamper up and down trails at elevation; all the while feeling so alive in the fresh air and small in those big, beautiful mountains. There's really nothing like it.


{I'd say the name of the trail, Rangeview Trail, was pretty accurate!}



{can you believe this charming trail winding through the wildflowers?!}

{that peak you see in the background is one of the Flatirons that make up the Chautauquah Hiking Area}

{facing East, overlooking Boulder down below (all the red buildings clumped together is CU-Boulder)}

Thankful for a new hiking spot to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment