8.06.2012

hit-and-run.

its one of those things that you never think will happen to you...hit-and-run.

a week and a half ago, i was driving to Red Rocks on Friday morning to meet my coworker for a stairs workout. it was a busy Friday morning and there was lots of traffic. i was cruising along, listening to my music and BAM...before i even really could process what was about to happen, the front passenger corner of my car was crushed in by a pickup, cutting across traffic.

from a logistical standpoint alone, traffic accidents are just a nightmare; insurances, repairs, rental cars, etc... the guy in the pickup backed up out of my car and into a parking lot. i pulled in right behind him, got out of my car and walked over to talk to him. he chatted with me for a few minutes and i turned around to get my phone for recording his information; by the time i turned back to face him, i was looking at the back of his pickup driving off...COULD. NOT. BELIEVE. IT.

God was so gracious...i only had a small bruise on my shoulder and a killer headache for about 2 days. my airbags didn't even deploy. 2 cops were sent out right away and they both were incredibly kind. i was able to drive the car just over a mile back to my apartment complex to get it somewhere safe. my insurance was absolutely incredible too! they had me walked through the entire claims process in the matter of an hour and set up with a rental car within 2 hrs. so great.

anyway, the last week and a half has been filled with getting bodywork estimates to see if a repair was worth it?? nope. my blessed old Forester was laid to rest. she had over 204,000 miles so i think she did her job. :) i loved that car.

then the 'new' car-hunt began! i hate car shopping. it's really stressful and it's hard to know if you're getting a good car and negotiating anything isn't my favorite activity, much less negotiating car prices.

but God is good! i found a used Subaru Legacy Outback that should last me a good while. :) the dealership knocked a chunk off the price so it would fit in my budget after hearing about my hit-and-run. they also agreed to fix a lot of things for no additional cost that an outside mechanic had found when i took it for a 3rd party inspection.

it's officially mine and i'm so thankful! i don't know if they'll ever track down the guy but God was so present and provided despite the circumstances.

my sad little subie :(

my new subie :) so thankful for God's provision!


onward and upward!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Emi, I'm sooo glad you are ok! What a scary thing, I'm so sorry you had this happen to you. And your poor little subie! She was such a wonderful car. Here's to new adventures in a new car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're ok!! And what a wonderful attitude of gratitude you've chosen in this situation- you are such a great example and encouragement. Also, I must say, your new car needs a name, and I hope it will be friends with Toby the Toyota since it looks like they are the exact same color!! I hope to see you soon. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete