7.06.2012

4th of July Fun!

Coming off such a fun weekend with Robyn, I was inspired to participate in more activities around Denver for 4th of July! It is America's birthday after all...we must celebrate!

My favorite thing was the Independence Eve concert in Civic Center on Tuesday night, July 3rd. It was free to the public and the amazing Colorado Symphony graced us with incredible music while we sat in lounge chairs watching a lights/fireworks display going on in the background. There were some pretty rockin' French Horn parts bringing me back to my band days...ha.


 


This fireworks show was really magical. 


The morning of July 4th, I ran a 4 mile race in Wash Park! This is my favorite park in Denver so far; it reminds me so much of Greenlake in Seattle and there are ALWAYS people there-walking, running, biking, volleyball, tennis, paddleboating, etc.. It was great to race again!

 
After relaxing during the day, I headed out to the Colorado Rapids game that night! I have never been to a professional soccer game before and it was fun. Pardon the glistening brow in my the picture below...it was hot and muggy! So fun to be out amidst other fans. :)


After the game, they let everyone come down onto the field for the fireworks show.


Pretty awesome all around and after a moving video of America's history, on the big screen, I proudly sang our national anthem at the top of my lungs with tears in my eyes. There has been a big price paid by many, many people that has allowed us the incredible freedoms we enjoy. I am so thankful!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun July 4! Love how you always take the bull by the horns and enjoy what is around you!

    ReplyDelete