6.29.2013

Colfax Half Marathon -May 2013

I'm a little overdue posting on a lot of things...the first of which is the half marathon I ran in May! I ran the Colfax Half Marathon and had a lot of fun...the crowd was great, lots of people cheering along the way and it started/ended in City Park! We got to run through the zoo for about a mile at the beginning which was pretty fun. :)

I signed up for it in January to give myself a reason to train in the winter. They ask you at registration if you want race insurance in case you aren't able to complete the race...it guarantees your entry fee will be returned to you. I chose not to get that because it would be an easy excuse not to run it. Well, I had grand visions of training, none of which came to pass-ha. I literally ran 3 times from January to race day-whoops. I was really nervous about how the race would go and my goal was to just not walk.

God was gracious and I finished with a time 4 minutes faster than my personal best. It was a gorgeous morning, there were tons of people cheering along the way and I am really thankful I didn't have to walk!

Sister came up to cheer me on! (photo credits are hers!)

{the gorgeous morning} 



{this is my yoga friend, Britany}


{neon}

{City Park}

{love her!}

{neon}

{here goes nothing!}



{what a gorgeous location to start/end a race!}

{so happy to be crossing the finish line!}



Thankful for the health to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment