11.08.2012

Birthday Weekend!

I took a few days off in October for a long, birthday weekend and it was great! I was supposed to be in Seattle helping to open the new Room and Board showroom but they were ahead of schedule...so I got cancelled. I was bummed not to have that great experience and, of course, to not see my friends but it was yet another example of God's sovereign wisdom. 
Not going allowed for so many things to happen that couldn't have:
-I needed the time at work for planning. This is my absolute busiest time and I would not have made my deadline without that time to work.
-I had 2 more weekends with Sister before she left for Africa! That was absolutely invaluable. :)

So I drove down to the Springs on Thursday night, very excited to be home for a few days. On Friday, Mom, Sister and I went thrift shopping and simply enjoyed the day together. The evening was filled with family dinner, a couple rounds of Rummikub, and a movie.

Saturday, Sister and I did some errands for Africa and we all went to the CC hockey game that night! We love hockey! It was great to see at least one game with Sister before she left. Thankfully, hockey has a long season, so we'll have plenty of games to go to after her return at the end of January. I love this photo!


 Sunday, after church, Sister and I tackled the Incline! It had been a while since we've both done it but we made decent time and had absolutely perfect weather. That night for birthday dinner I picked a newer restaurant in town called My Big Fat Greek Restaurant-ha! It was delicious.

Monday was my actual birthday and I was able to see a couple friends throughout the day. It happened to be gorgeous weather so I stole down to The Garden for a few minutes to myself between appts. Look at that view! You can't ask for anything more beautiful in mid/late October. Stunning. I love this park!

 

Sister and I wandered through Manitou that afternoon, stopping for ice cream of course! 
So, so thankful for the long weekend with my family to celebrate! 29 years old...weird but exciting!

1 comment:

  1. If you feel weird then what must Papa and I feel? OLD!!!! Ha! (But I will always be his spring chicken!!!!) Mom

    ReplyDelete