6.02.2012

Aspen scouting trip!

This past week I had the chance to go up to Aspen to scout the location we are designing for the 30th Anniversary of Aspen Food & Wine!! We have the chance to fill a penthouse deck and 1600 sq ft of rooftop deck overlooking Aspen Mountain-holy smokes! It is absolutely stunning. This home is worth $28 million and it's on the market if anyone is interested... :)

Not only will all the best chefs from around the world be at this event but some pretty big name celebrities and musicians. CeeLo Green will be performing on our rooftop deck! I am hoping I have time to run the 5K hosted by Bobby Flay on Friday morning of the festival. :) This is totally surreal.

Brooke and I went up Wednesday night and spent all day Thursday measuring, photographing and planning this space. It is going to be stunning! We've both decided that we're going to move to Aspen...ha. Here's a few photographs of our quick trip.





Brooke and I

this is the view from the penthouse deck! that is Aspen Mountain!








I haven't been that far back into the mountains in a long time and the last time I was in Aspen was Christmas of 2006. I remembered a lot of the little art galleries, restaurants and shops. I lose my heart to these little mountain towns everytime! The editors of Aspen Magazine told us that the town just stays the same...maybe a restaurant or two pop up over the years but it has such a small town feel and familiarity. *Swoon*

I will post some before/after pics and hopefully some professional photos too. They are bringing in a photographer to shoot the spaces after we install for not only the event but the real estate listing!

Brooke and I will spend 5 days up there for the event and will have lots of stories/photos to share afterwards! Keep your eyes out!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that sounds so fun! I love the pics with all the clouds and sky - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete